Wednesday, September 14, 2011

To Remember & Honor September 11, 2011


I feel like this caption should be..."Ronald Reagan, he's my man.  If he can't do it, no one can."  I think that sounds cornballs, but it came to mind, it's early, and I'm only on cup of coffee #2.

When I’m up in years and my hair is gray
When my kids no longer need my help all day

It is then I hope to make my dreams come true
Volunteering as a docent giving tours to you

Teaching your children about great leaders and history
So the events of time won’t seem such a mystery

If I could spend my days at Reagan Library
Going to work would be a joy; I would not tarry

But until that time comes, it is for regular visits I strive
To that WONDERFUL Place on the Hill at 40 Presidential Drive!
~The Momma




We spent the 10th Anniversary of September 11th at the Reagan Library this year participating in The 6th Annual Freedom Walk.  What a GREAT event it was!  It wasn't just a walk, but a time to remember the victims of September 11th, honor our troops and veterans, celebrate Heroes, and enjoy music from The 3D Marine Aircraft Wing Band and the CBU Male Chorale.
 
Today's post will be mostly photos from our day.  I'm grateful for this experience to share with our family. 

Waiting for the shuttle to take us up on the hill.  "Mom, hurry, the sun is SO bright!"  So is your future my son!

Growing up so fast!

My Guy!

Proud to be an American...and a Dallas Cowboy fan

The 3D Marine Aircraft Wing Band...AMAZING!


"God Bless America, Land that I LOVE!"
CBU Male Chorale


Color Guard, Awaiting




March on of Colors


Joint Honor Guard- Ventura County Law Enforcement and Military
Retreat of Colors

Rear Admiral Robert P. Girrier of U.S.S. Ronald Reagan


Okay, this soldier is a HERO!  Lt. Colonel Karcher

Just because it looked unique

Lt. John McCole Firefighter FDNY who responded on Sept. 11th

Bagpipes...make me think of my dad.  He would have been crying.

My partner in crime...Love her!

Style of her own!

More Style!

Recognizing Veterans
I'm not quite sure what is going on here.
Solemn
Just because they were cute!
I may be behind, but the view is great!  What a bunch of cuties!
Breathtaking!
Hydrangeas make me happy





















Patriotic Volkswagen Bug

No comments: