Wednesday, February 15, 2012

For My Facebook Friend

Truth is... I really like Facebook.

Facebook has brought friendships that I never dreamed I'd have.  I have found common interests with so many unexpected people.

One Facebook friend whom I've never met in person is a gal who attended the same church we did in Washington.  I know her kids through AWANA back in the days when I was a leader.  She's an amazing woman and momma to 5 kids, most adopted.  She's also a single mom.  She's home schooled.  I admire her in so many ways!

Years ago, we became Facebook friends.  I know of her what she posts.  

Yesterday when many of us were celebrating Valentine's Day, she said good-bye to one of her kids who went to be with Jesus.

While we were baking cookies, she was cuddled with son, giving him kisses as he awaited his face-to-face meeting the Christ.

While we were celebrating love, she was releasing her son into the loving arms of Jesus.

I'm sure her overwhelming sense of loss is causing her great heartache.  I remember when my Papa died, and I just had to wander.  I remember sitting at a McDonald's just watching people "do life."  They were just going about their business.  Didn't they know one of the most influential people in my life had just left us?  Everyone looked so common, going about everyday business and my world felt like it just collapsed.  How come they couldn't feel it too?  Everything had just changed.

I can imagine this is how my Facebook friend feels.  Everyone is going about life, but she's forever changed.

This morning while reading The Hiding Place to the kids once again I'm encouraged by Corrie Ten Boom's father.  What a wise man!

In the book, young Corrie had just learned the reality of death.  A baby had died and she realized if the baby could die, so could her mother, father, and sister. Corrie writes, 
But that night as he (her father) stepped through the door I burst into tears. "I need you!" I sobbed. "You can't die!  You can't!"
Father sat down on the edge of the narrow bed.  "Corrie," he began gently, "when you and I go to Amsterdam- when do I give you your ticket?"
I sniffed a few times, considering this.
"Why just before we get on the train."
"Exactly.  And our wise Father in heaven knows when we're going to need things, too.  Don't run out ahead of Him, Corrie.  When the time comes that some of us will have to die, you will look into your heart and find the strength you need- just in time."
Praying for strength for my friend and trusting the Father in heaven knows just what she needs.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

B E A U T I F U L !