Sunday, September 04, 2011

San Juan Capistrano Staycation Pt. 2: Los Rios Street Flowers & Shops

A sign found along Los Rios Street
I love the simple beauty of flowers.  I will never tire of looking at a little sprout emerging from the ground or a burst of color from a beautiful flower in bloom. 

Flowers are the sweetest things God ever made, and forgot to put a soul into. ~Henry Beecher, Life Thoughts, 1858

There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
- Henri Matisse

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers.
- Mother Teresa


Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock. ~Henry Ward Beecher, Star Papers: A Discourse of Flowers

These sedum planters inspired our backyard redo.  Love them!








I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.
- Claude Monet

I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.
~Edna St. Vincent Millay, "Afternoon on a Hill"

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

No comments: