Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Paleo Banana Pancakes...YUM!



I've been trying to perfect the paleo pancake for a bit now.  I totally miss eating pancakes!  They're my FAVORITE breakfast item.  This may scare some people, but when I was in high school I would eat a stack of 6 large buttermilk pancakes along with 4 eggs many mornings.  And even with all that food, I'd be hungry by 10:00 am and struggle to make it to lunch.  I was the one with the growling stomach in class. SAD!  I used to be so embarrassed and am so glad my kids don't have to experience this.


These days I refrain from eating the yummy buttermilk pancakes, not because I'm not crazy about them, actually I just about drool every time I think of them, but I just feel that maybe they're not the best for me on a daily basis any longer.

I've been trying to find a replacement.  A number of months ago, I came across a recipe on Mark Sisson's blog and kind of dressed it up a bit and increased the servings.

NOTE:  When making these, be sure to allow them to fully cook, or turning them over can be a complete fail.  It may take some practice.

Paleo Banana Pancakes
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients:

3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup almond butter
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of sea salt

Heat griddle to 300 degrees.

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix well.

Melt a dab of butter on griddle and then pour batter on griddle to make about a 4-inch pancake.  Wait.  It may take a couple minutes.  Gently lift up edges of pancake to see if it is nice golden color and will easily flip.  Turn pancakes and allow to reach golden color on other side.

These pancakes are sweet enough with the bananas and don't need any syrup.

In the blender

Blend


On the griddle



Enjoy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try these! I had to laugh when I read about you eating a ton for breakfast and then your stomach growling in class. That was totaly me too. I always thought I just had a fast metabolism. Too bad I didn't know better that carbs, carbs, and more carbs was not a great way to start the day!

Aleja said...

Just made them with hazelnut butter... Yummm