Friday, August 26, 2011

Paleo Dinner: Thai Curry Chicken


The other night I had a Thai craving.  Thoughts of creamy coconut curry and chicken were swirling in my mind.  I had to feed the craving, but I also wanted to stick with paleo eating.  I think this meal fit the bill.

We almost always have chicken breast and coconut milk on hand, so I figured I could throw something together. 

We were all happy with the results. 

I just used the vegetables we had available.  There are many possibilities for variations.

Thai Chicken Curry 

Ingredients

4 large chicken breasts
3 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup diced onion
1 cup sliced carrot
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup mixed peppers, sliced
2 large garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon coriander seed
1 teaspoon cumin seed
4 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
chile paste (optional)

1 can (full-fat) coconut milk

1)  Heat coconut oil in large frying pan.  Add garlic, coriander, cumin, and curry powder.  Add chicken and cook thoroughly.  Be careful not to overcook, or chicken will be tough.




Full Flavor Spices


Add Chicken


2)  Add carrots, onion, celery and peppers and saute a couple minutes.  Add cabbage.  It cooks quickly.  You want tender vegetables, not mushy veggies.






3)  Add can of coconut milk.  Let heat thoroughly.  Serve.


No comments: