Saturday, July 16, 2011

Beef with Barley Soup



If you have leftovers from the Italian Pot Roast this easy slow cooker soup recipe with delight your family and leave them asking for more.

Beef with Barley Soup

Ingredients:

Leftover juices from Italian Pot Roast
1 quart beef broth
1/2 cup sherry or red wine
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce (or more- I opt for more)
1/2 cup pearl barley
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
2-3 cups leftover roast from Italian Pot Roast, chopped
Frozen peas & carrots
2-3 red potatoes, diced

Method:


Place above ingredients in slow cooker.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.  Season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.

There's some serious meat in here!  I doubled my Pot Roast recipe to have extra meat for our semi-paleo family.

Lunch is served.

Lunch outside!  Can you tell I love this soup.  I took many photos of this Yum!  Enjoy!

No comments: