Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy New Year Pneumonia!

Well this year started off with a bang! Sweet husband came down with influenza at the end of 2007. I regret I didn't show a great deal of sympathy and care. I didn't realize how bad it was until New Year's day when it came on me. I can't say I've felt that bad in a long time. Fortunately, sweet husband knew the pain I was in and cared for my every need along with taking care of our 3 dear kiddos.

After about a week with the flu, I came down with pneumonia. I knew it was bad and was keeping up with my symptoms and diagnosis by reading www.webmd.com A trip to the doctor and a chest x-ray confirmed what I knew. I had a case of bacterial pneumonia. I don't know if I've ever felt as overall miserable as I did with pneumonia. Kidney stones gave me intense pain, but the inability to get enough air was startling.

I'm happy to report after about two weeks, I'm now officially on the mend. I feel much better and am looking forward to a better year. I'm still trying to lie low and get plenty of rest. Relapse would be terrible.

So what have I learned through this?? I've learned that I'm surrounded by amazing, wonderful, and giving family and friends. I've had family and friends sacrifice their own time to come and care for me and our family. I've had friends pray, encourage, cook, clean and show great care. What a blessing!!

I've also learned that this may be my year to really experience rest and relaxation. I know I have a hard time just sitting. This has shown me that it's okay to just relax. Remind me if I start neglecting down time later in the year.

I've also learned it's good to be quiet. When you have limited oxygen, you learn to be quiet. It's a good thing!

I hope you all are doing well.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: