Thursday, January 24, 2008

Reflecting on the Fall







I realized today that months have passed by since we posted. I can't believe how quickly time flies. I know that sounds cliche, but it's the truth.
Last fall, I taught a class at our homeschool co-op. It was called Ahoy Mates and we learned about Pirates. There was so much to know! We followed the Magic Tree House supplemental book to Pirates Past Noon called Pirates. We did things like make pirate flags, we learned about knots (sweet husband knows quite a bit about knots and did a great demonstration), we made our own dubloons, we made hard tack, we dressed like pirates, and we finished off the class with a party worthy of a great pirate. It was all great fun! I've posted some photos from our party. I made the two cakes- the pirate ship and the treasure chest. Both patterns I was able to find on the web.

This quarter I'm teaching a class on Paper Crafts. So far we've made "Thank You" cards and are currently working on an "About Me" chipboard book. I will post photos soon.

Last quarter the boys also took classes on The Civil War and pioneer life. So much great learning going on!

No comments: