Saturday, January 23, 2010

Surrendered

When God (Holy Spirit) places something so strongly on your heart at what point to you agree to follow where He may lead? I don't know the answer to this question. For a few years I've been led to ask God to open a door in an area that seems like a hopeless dream. I've tried to smother, deny, and convince myself that I've "heard" wrong. But it doesn't go away.

Pursuing this prompting will not make life easier, but I'm willing to endure any hardships that come. Isn't that what following the Holy Spirit means? We deny our Self and pursue a life that He desires for us.
Tonight at church our pastor asked if anyone has had a calling to a ministry to please stand for prayer. His sermon was on Luke and how Jesus called ordinary people to serve Him. The world is full of ordinary people being used or called by God. Before I knew it I was standing with tears streaming down my face. I really sensed God is not done with the calling He placed on my heart many years ago. Following the prayer we sang Consuming Fire. The words are...

"There must be more than this,
O Breath of God come breath within
There must be more than this,
Spirit of God we wait for you
Fill us anew we pray
Fill us anew we pray
Consuming Fire fan into flame
A passion for your name
Spirit of God
Fall in this place
Lord have your way
Have your way with us
Come like a rushing wind
Clothe us with power from up on High
Come set the captives free
Leave us abandoned to your praise
Lord let your Glory fall...
For those of you who know my heart, pray with me on this. I am content to continue life like it is. But I desiring to be obedient to the Holy Spirit. My passion is to have everyday of my life Glorify Jesus...I'm surrendered.

No comments: