Friday, December 25, 2009

My first Grandbaby!


This Christmas the #1 item on our 6-year old daughter's wish list was a Baby Alive Whoopsie Doo Doll. Not only does she coo and chuckle, she has the ability to poop and pee. Wow! What a joy! When I had sweet little babies, I didn't wish to become a mom to experience explosive poops, arching pees and the like, but these qualities made this doll a must have on our little girl's wish list.
For months our sweet pea wrote "Whoopsie Doo Doll" on many lists and dreamed about this baby. We even made a trip to Target to make sure it was all that she hoped it would be. She left the store wide-eyed and continued to dream of it being under the tree.
When she awoke, she went for the most odd-shaped present under the tree in hopes that the peeing and pooping doll would be wrapped beneath.
And sure enough it was! Today this precious Whoopsie Doo Doll has been by her side. She's been fed, changed and cuddled. I've been told I definitely need to make a trip to the store for more diapers.
It really is a cute doll. I've rocked her as requested and even fed her. She sucks the bottle, drinks the water, coos, and if you remove the bottle too fast she'll begin fussing.
What warms my heart more than watching our little one truly enjoy her Christmas gift is knowing that even a 6-year old precious has an inner desire to be a "mommy." She is a nurturer and it blesses my heart.

No comments: