Friday, September 14, 2007

Something About Pride Coming Before The Fall

What's that saying about "Pride Coming Before The Fall?" The other day I was at a friend's house and she was sharing about how an exterminator was coming to her home because they have a mouse problem. I listened to her story and proudly thought, "I'm so glad WE don't have THAT problem."

I should have known I shouldn't have even let that thought cross my mind. Remember the saying, "Take every thought captive."

Well, long story short...Our oldest son stashed a pack of gum in a secret drawer. Yesterday he went to retrieve his gum and instead he found a shredded wrapper and NO gum. He thought for sure our youngest had swiped it and stashed it again in her secret spot. I went to check out the evidence and knew immediately what had happened. We investigated further and found the individual Bubble Yum pieces in DIFFERENT drawers to the side of the initial location. WE HAVE A MOUSE OR WORSE YET...MICE!!

Sweet Hub and I set some traps, and yes used Bubble Yum as bait (forget cheese-these are teenage mice). Then Sweet Hub left for a soccer game.

As you can guess in less than a half hour the kids and I heard a "SNAP." But to make matters worse we heard the mouse scurrying around in the drawer with the trap. How awful can this get? I didn't want to open the drawer because I would have been completely undone. So we waited for Hub to return home and it turns ou the mouse trap trapped his leg! Oh my gosh!! Sweet Hub took care of it and this morning we awoke to no more caught mice.

Maybe he was the Lone Mouse. I sure hope so!

So next time I think of something I "Don't Have" I'm going to take that thought captive so as not to receive it within a couple of days. Crazy how these things work isn't it?

No comments: