Sunday, April 03, 2011

Bright Ideas for Dishes

As you may or may not know I'm moonlight as an ebay seller.  It's not that I have tons of time, but I have a desire to field trip and buy something new every once in awhile and found this is one way to earn a couple extra dollars.  Tonight as I was perusing Pioneer Woman's website checking out the recipe and photos of her brother's tacos, I noticed the plate holding the tacos.  Hey, I think I have that dish in my stacks of plates.  Could it be Terra Cotta Rope by Target Home?  (I'm getting pretty good at pattern identification).  Maybe if I had some creativity, I could borrow a decorative plate from my collection, and photograph food on plates that would coordinate with the food.  But that would take a lot of time.  I'd have to wash the plate, set up the food, and then hope for good lighting.  I'm terrible at finding the right lighting.  Now I'm wondering where does Pioneer Woman store all these plates for her wonderful photographs?  Who's schooling her kids while she's taking all these great shots?  Who's cleaning up the messes so the dirty dishes aren't stacked up in the background?  Being that creative must be exhausting?  Or, she must have a TON of space and a lot of help.  Hmmm...maybe she'll one day buy just the right dish to display the latest and greatest enchilada recipe.  So far, I don't think I've ever shipped anything to Oklahoma.  Maybe next month.

No comments: