Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Man, It's Been a LONG time

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted...that's what happens when Facebook takes your time and you think you're journaling, but you're not really.

A lot has happened since March and I'll try to add some events here and there, but for this morning I read a great quote from Beth Moore's Believing God Bible study, "Cain's offering represents every time a believer knows what God wants and refuses to give it. We often quickly give Him other things, as if He won't notice. Sometimes we give more in many other areas but doggedly withhold the one thing we know He wants. And sin crouches at our door."

What am I holding on to?

Is it the comfort of what is familiar? Is it the busyness that keeps my mind from being quiet and listening? Is it memories of the past? Or possibly dreams of how I think life should be? Hmmmmm....

This upcoming move has caused many insecurites to surface, but I have to rest in the assurance that God has a plan and purpose for my life. He has a perfect plan!

No comments: