Tuesday, July 24, 2012

God's Faithfulness in the Small Things of Life

This morning I'm reminded once again of God's amazing faithfulness and the love He has for each one of us.  He knows my inner fears and anxieties and provides in the most amazing of ways.

As we continue to prepare for  this upcoming move, we're trying to downsize our belongings.  I have a little green bug that I have LOVED for the last 10 years.  This little bugger has brought a smile to my face every time I look at her and is a reflection of my youth and fun-loving spirit.  But sadly, it's time for the little bugger, or Sweetpea as my mom calls her, to find a new home.  She needs a vivacious young gal who will love her, care for her and find Bug-owner joy driving her.





Last week I put her on Craig's List.  As the week passed, not a call came. I began to get discouraged.  Perhaps I should lower the price or ship it back to Washington where it might find a better market.  I wasn't sure what to do.

Looming even greater on my mind was what to do if I did get a call.  My hub had plans to leave for our new destination today and I'd be alone in showing the car.

At the gym yesterday afternoon, I even asked a friend, "What do I do if I get a call? How do I make sure someone doesn't drive off with it?"  How does a gal safely meet with potential lookers?  I had so many fears about selling the car on my own.  Most of the fears loomed around meeting with strangers and the Craig's List horror stories I've heard over the years.  I've sold a number of items on Craig's List and they've been great experiences, but the fear still crept in.

Completely unexpectedly, after no interest or calls on the car, I received 4 calls yesterday afternoon! Two of the interested parties were anxious to see the car last night.  This meant, my hub would be with me, I'd feel safe, and perhaps we'd find a buyer.

Needless to say, this little Bug is a teenage girl's dream.  We now have two interested parties.  There are two teen girls anxiously awaiting a decision on our part.

I'm waiting for my hub's plane to land so we can talk about what to do next.

I have to reiterate...GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!!!

He knows my heart and He knows my fears and at the last possible moment, He's there to provide.  I just need to trust.

No comments: